Skip to Main Content View Site Map
Top of Page
New Students

The Process

  1. Submit a college application.
  2. Contact the Office of Accessibility Resources (OAR) or review the Documentation Guidelines for information about what documentation will be required in order to receive academic accommodations.
  3. Request documentation from the appropriate medical provider or school personnel using the Documentation Guidelines and Documentation Release Form. Documentation should be sent to the Office of Accessibility Resources on the campus you will be attending.
  4. When Accessibility Resources staff have reviewed your documentation, you will be contacted to schedule the Placement Exam. Placement Exams are given from April through August for students entering college in the Fall semester. Placement tests are given from November through January for students entering college in the Spring semester.
  5. After the Placement Exam, meet with Admissions to discuss the outcome of the Placement exam and register for courses.
  6. Prior to the first day of classes, if possible, meet with a CCC Accessibility Specialist to discuss accommodations for the semester.

Students with sponsoring agencies, such as Vocational and Educational Services for Individuals with Disabilities (VESID), Aurora or the Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired (CBVH), should contact the agency several weeks before the start of the semester to make sure that all necessary paperwork is completed.


Transition to College


Your Rights and Responsibilities

See this informative publication written by the U.S. Department of Education
Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education: Know Your Rights and Responsibilities

Office for Civil Rights

Wrights Law


Disclosing Your Disability

Review these suggestions:
The Why, When, What, and How of Disclosure in an Academic Setting, After High School


Additional Resources

See Additional Resources for more information.