Earning Your Degree or Certificate Online
A convenient option for completing many Cayuga courses is online study. Many Cayuga degrees can be completed either through on-campus coursework, online study, or a combination of both. Through Open SUNY, you can take Cayuga courses virtually anytime and anywhere.
In online courses, you get assignments, take part in discussions, and submit papers and projects to your instructor over the internet. Please read the FAQ for more details. You never have to come to Cayuga for an online course but a few courses do have proctored exams that can be taken anywhere. Class sections are limited to 25 students. Cayuga’s NetTutor Online Tutoring Support is also available to online students – this service allows you to receive feedback from a Learning Specialists on your papers in the comfort of your own home.
Cayuga's online courses run during fall and spring semesters, summer sessions, and the January intersession. Interested in exploring this option for college study? Please read How Online Courses Work – FAQ.
Degrees and Certificates Available Online
The following degree programs can be completed 100% online:
- Business Administration A.A.S.
- Business Administration A.S.
- Liberal Arts and Science / Humanities and Social Science A.A.
Concentrations available in Criminal Justice, Literature, Psychology, and Writing
- Liberal Arts and Science / Mathematics and Science A.S.
- Criminal Justice / Police A.A.S.
- Criminal Justice / Corrections A.A.S.
Coursework for the following degree programs can be completed more than 50% online:
- Accounting A.A.S. (41 of 68 credits)
- Computer Information Systems A.A.S. (36 of 67 credits)
- Geographic Information Systems A.S. (38 of 64 credit)
- Information Technology A.S. (34 of 67 credits)
- Liberal Arts and Science / Mathematics A.S. (38 of 63 credits)
- Liberal Arts and Science: Health Science A.S. (58 of 64 credits)
- Liberal Arts and Science: Childhood Education A.A.( 60 of 67 credits)
- Liberal Arts and Science: Adolescent Education A.A. (48 of 67 credits)
- Studio Art and Design: A.S. (32 of 63 credits)
- Telecommunications: Radio and Television Broadcasting A.A.S. (33 of 62 credits)
In addition, two certificate programs can be completed 100% online:
- Criminal Justice Certificate
- General Business Certificate
Ed2Go Credit-Free Courses
Cayuga offers hundreds of credit-free internet courses for professional and personal development at our Ed2Go website. Taught by experienced instructors in a wide variety of fields, courses begin each month and run for six weeks. For a complete list of courses available, as well as simple registration instructions, please visit Ed2Go Credit-Free Courses.
For more information about Cayuga's internet courses, please contact Ed Kowalski in the Academic Programs Office.
Phone: 315-255-1792 ext. 2498