The Nursing program at Cayuga Community College prepares the student for entry into the profession of Nursing. Upon graduation, students receive the Associate in Applied Science degree in Nursing and are eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). The overall passing rate for Cayuga nursing graduates exceeds state and national averages.
With a balance of courses in general education and nursing, the curriculum includes the theoretical knowledge and clinical practice needed to provide nursing care for individuals throughout the life span. Learning experiences take place in the classroom, nursing laboratory, and a variety of clinical settings.
Employment opportunities for entry-level graduates include hospitals, ambulatory care, skilled nursing facilities, and community agencies.
Cayuga’s Nursing program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road, Atlanta, GA 30326, 404-975-5000. Visit www.acenursing.org.
Nursing Information Sessions
We invite you to join us for our informational sessions. You will have the opportunity to meet personally with faculty, students and admission representatives. Learn about our exceptional nursing programs at the Auburn and Fulton campuses.
|Auburn Campus||Monday, October 6, 2014||4:00 pm||Student Lounge|
|Monday, December 8, 2014||4:00 pm||Student Lounge|
|Monday, February 9, 2015||1:00 pm||Student Lounge|
|Monday, April 20, 2015||4:00 pm||Student Lounge|
|Monday, June 15, 2015||1:00 pm||Student Lounge|
|Friday, August 28, 2015||1:00 pm||Student Lounge|
|Fulton Campus||Monday, September 29, 2014||4:00 pm||F-167|
|Monday, November 10, 2014||4:00 pm||F-167|
|Monday, March 9, 2015||1:00 pm||F-167|
|Monday, May 4, 2015||4:00 pm||F-167|
|Thursday, August 27, 2015||1:00 pm||F-167|
- Nursing programs are available at both the Auburn and Fulton campuses of Cayuga Community College:
- Auburn: Class admitted every year (Fall)
- Fulton: Class admitted every other year (Fall 2014)
- Professional and caring faculty have years of clinical expertise and teaching experience
- Curriculum includes Nursing Success Strategies, an innovative course that promotes outstanding academic performance
- Curriculum includes two semesters of health assessment for enhanced professional preparation
- All Nursing courses are Web-enhanced using Blackboard online learning management system
- Individualized academic counseling and enrichment strategies support success in a rigorous curriculum
- Employment opportunities are available at local hospitals as a patient care assistant, student clinical assistant, or nurse extern while enrolled in the program
- Variety of clinical placements are offered, including community health, acute and long-term health care facilities, and home care
- A clinical preceptorship is completed during the final semester
- Extensive scholarship funding is available for first-year and returning students
Philosophy and Outcomes
To learn about Cayuga’s Nursing program philosophy and outcomes, please refer to these resources:
For detailed information on Cayuga’s Nursing program curriculum and requirements, please refer to these resources. The following brochures are in PDF format. You can download Adobe Reader for free.
January 15 is the deadline to submit a completed application for fall enrollment in the Nursing program.
To learn about Cayuga’s specific application process and prerequisites for the Nursing program, please refer to the following resources:
- Nursing Program Admission
- Transferring into the Program
- Nursing Entrance Exam Information Sheet
- Nursing Exam Dates
- FALL 2015 application will be available soon
- Professional Reference Form
For further information on requirements and accommodations for enrollment in the Nursing program, please refer to these resources:
- Checklist for Applying to Nursing
- Essential Functions and Abilities for Nursing Students for the Nursing program
- Disabilities Services Information for the Nursing program
- Legal Limitations for RN Licensure
- Health Requirements for the Nursing program
- CPR Requirement for the Nursing program
To ensure proper sequencing of the required courses, academic advisement is extremely important. Contact email@example.com for information on advisement.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find out more about the Nursing program on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
For detailed information contact:
Linda Alfieri MS, RN, CNE
Director of Nursing
(315) 255-1743, extension 2384