The next semester to apply for the nursing program at the Auburn and Fulton Campuses will be the Fall 2014 semester. The postmark deadline for your application and supporting materials (see below) is January 15, 2014. Please refer to program requirements (see below) and deadlines (listed below). We have begun accepting nursing application for the Fall 2014 semester. The postmark application deadline is January 15, 2014.
You are encouraged to enroll in the Liberal Arts and Sciences/Humanities and Social Science program first at Cayuga. This will provide you the opportunity to complete any of the prerequisites that you may need or also take any required courses for the nursing degree. This plan allows three years to complete the Nursing program.
We strongly recommend that applicants attend the nursing information sessions.
Nursing Information Sessions
We invite you to join us for our informational sessions. You will have the opportunity to meet personally with faculty, students and admission representatives. Learn about our exceptional nursing programs at the Auburn and Fulton campuses.
|Auburn Campus||Monday, December 9, 2013||4:00 pm||Student Lounge|
|Monday, February 10, 2014||4:00 pm||Student Lounge|
|Monday, April 7, 2014||4:00 pm||Student Lounge|
|Monday, June 16, 2014||4:00 pm||Student Lounge|
|Monday, August 11, 2014||4:00 pm||Student Lounge|
|Fulton Campus||Monday, March 10, 2014||4:00 pm||F-167|
|Monday, July 21, 2014||4:00 pm||F-167|
Nursing Program Application and Requirements
The Nursing program has its own specific application form and process. The application and technical standards form must be submitted by the postmarked application deadline. In addition, the following pre-requisites must be completed and proof submitted by the postmarked application deadline to be considered:
- High school or equivalency diploma
- Algebra math proficiency:
1. Testing into Math 102 or higher on the Cayuga placement test
2. Completion of Math 099 or higher with a grade of C (or equivalent) or higher
3. Have taken Math 099 or higher at another institution
4. Completion of pre-calculus or higher in high school with a grade of C (or equivalent) or higher
- Satisfactory completion (C or 70% or higher) of high school or college biology
- Satisfactory completion (C or 70% or higher) of high school or college chemistry
- Minimum cumulative GPA or overall high school average of C (2.0)
- Pre-admission Nursing Entrance Exam. It is recommended that only students who have completed all the prerequisites take this exam.
Nursing Application Forms
- Nursing Application for Fall 2014 Admission
- Professional Reference Form (two reference forms are required by the postmarked application deadline)
Admission to the Program: Steps and Deadlines
- We strongly recommend that applicants attend one of the Nursing Information Sessions.
- Technical standards are abilities and behaviors that a nursing student must be able to perform in order to function in a safe manner. It is essential that students of nursing possess and maintain the following functional requirements, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Admission to the Nursing Program is a two-application process. Applicants must fill out the Cayuga admissions application (or apply online) and a Nursing Admission Application. Completion of these two applications does not guarantee admission to the program.
- January 15, 2014 is the postmark deadline to apply for Fall 2014 enrollment.
- The pre-admission Nursing Entrance Exam must be completed by the postmark deadline. Exams will be administered beginning in September.
- Test codes need to purchased before signing up for the examination. The cost of the exam is approximately $45.00. The exam access test codes can only be purchased at the Cayuga bookstores.
- All applications will be considered competitively.
- Applicants will be notified of the acceptance decision in March for Fall enrollment, and in December for Spring enrollment.
- Applicants who are not accepted must reapply to be considered for enrollment the following year.
Nursing Entrance Exam
The Nursing Entrance Exam must be completed by January 15, 2014 (Fall admission) application deadlines.
Please read the Nursing Entrance Exam Information Sheet for important directions about purchasing the exam code and scheduling your testing appointment.