The next semester to apply for the nursing program at both the Auburn and Fulton Campuses will be the Fall 2016 semester. The postmark deadline for your application and supporting materials (see below) is January 15, 2016 for the Auburn and Fulton campuses. Applications will be available October 1, 2015. Please refer to program requirements (see below) and deadlines (listed below).
You are encouraged to enroll in the Liberal Arts and Sciences/Humanities and Social Science program first at Cayuga. This will provide you the opportunity to complete any of the prerequisites that you may need or also take any required courses for the nursing degree. This plan allows three years to complete the Nursing program.
We strongly recommend that applicants attend the nursing information sessions.
Nursing Information Sessions
We invite you to join us for our informational sessions. You will have the opportunity to meet personally with faculty, students and admission representatives. Learn about our exceptional nursing programs at the Auburn and Fulton campuses.
|Auburn Campus||Monday, October 5, 2015||4:00 pm||Student Lounge|
|Monday, December 7, 2015||4:00 pm||Student Lounge|
|Monday, April 11, 2016||4:00 pm||Student Lounge|
|Monday, June 13, 2016||1:00 pm||Student Lounge|
|Friday, August 26, 2016||1:00 pm||Student Lounge
(embedded into college orientation)
|Fulton Campus||Monday, November 9, 2015||4:00 pm||F-167|
|Monday, May 2, 2016||4:00 pm||F-167|
|Thursday, August 25, 2016||1:00 pm||F-167
(embedded into college orientation)
Nursing Program Application and Requirements
The Nursing program has its own specific application form and process. The online application will be available in October, 2015 and has a deadline of January 15, 2016. In addition, the following pre-requisites must be completed and proof submitted by the postmarked application deadline to be considered:
- High school or equivalent diploma
- Algebra math proficiency:
1. Testing into Math 102 or higher on the Cayuga placement test
2. Completion of Math 099 or higher with a grade of C (or equivalent) or higher
3. Have taken Math 099 or higher at another institution
4. Completion of pre-calculus or higher in high school with a grade of C (or equivalent) or higher
- Satisfactory completion (C or 70% or higher) of high school or college biology
- Satisfactory completion (C or 70% or higher) of high school or college chemistry
- Minimum cumulative GPA or overall high school average of 75% or 2.5
- Pre-admission Nursing Entrance Exam. It is recommended that only students who have completed all the prerequisites take this exam.
- Two professional references
Nursing Application Forms
- Nursing Application for Fall 2016 Admission (online application)
- Nursing Application for Fall 2016 Admission (paper application, PDF)
- Professional Reference Form (two reference forms are required by the postmarked application deadline)
Admission to the Program: Steps and Deadlines
- We strongly recommend that applicants attend one of the Nursing Information Sessions.
- Technical standards are abilities and behaviors that a nursing student must be able to perform in order to function in a safe manner. It is essential that students of nursing possess and maintain the following essential functionals, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Admission to the Nursing Program is a two-application process. Applicants must fill out the Cayuga Admissions Application and a Nursing Admission Application. Completion of these two applications does not guarantee admission to the program.
- January 15, 2016 is the postmark deadline to apply for Fall 2016 enrollment for the Auburn and Fulton Campus.
- The pre-admission Nursing Entrance Exam must be completed by the postmark deadline. Exams will be administered beginning in December.
- Test codes need to purchased before signing up for the examination. The cost of the exam is approximately $45.00. The exam access test codes can be purchased at the Cayuga bookstores.
- All applications will be considered competitively.
- Applicants will be notified of the acceptance decision in March for Fall enrollment.
- Applicants who are not accepted must reapply to be considered for enrollment the following year.
Nursing Entrance Exam
The Nursing Entrance Exam must be completed by January 15, 2016 for Fall 2016 admission.
Please read the Nursing Entrance Exam Information Sheet for important directions about purchasing the exam code and scheduling your testing appointment.
|Auburn Campus||Tuesday||December 1, 2015||4:00 pm|
|Wednesday||December 2, 2015||10:00 am|
|Friday||December 4, 2015||10:00 am|
|Tuesday||December 8, 2015||10:00 am|
|Thursday||December 17, 2015||10:00 am|
|Friday||December 18, 2015||10:00 am|
|Wednesday||January 6, 2016||10:00 am|
|Friday||January 8, 2016||10:00 am|
|Monday||January 11, 2016||10:00 am|
|Wednesday||January 13, 2016||10:00 am|
|Fulton Campus||Monday||December 7, 2015||4:00 pm|
|Monday||December 21, 2015||10:00 am|
|Thursday||January 7, 2016||10:00 am|
|Tuesday||January 12, 2016||10:00 am|
|Thursday||January 14, 2016||10:00 am|