Five scholarships to Cayuga Community College, and one to a transfer institution, are being offered for the 2009-10 academic year by the college's Alumni Association. Scholarships ranging from $350 to $500 are available in five categories:
- Incoming Freshmen - allocated for two graduating high school seniors who are the children or grandchildren of a Cayuga (or Auburn Community College) graduate
- Returning Full-Time Sophomore
- Graduating Transfer Student - for a graduating Cayuga student who is transferring to a four-year school.
- New Start Student - for a student who has completed at least 24 college credit hours and is returning to college for retraining following job loss due to economic conditions.
- Nontraditional Student - or a male or female student age 24 or older, enrolled for at least 6 credit hours per semester
Application forms, including eligibility criteria and submission requirements, are posted at http://www.cayuga-cc.edu/financialaid/scholarships and are available from the Cayuga's Financial Aid Office or by contacting the Alumni Office at 315-255-1743, extension 2224. Deadline for submission is March 31, 2009.