OpInform, a regional SUNY college fair for school counselors, is coming to Cayuga Community College on September 30, 2009.
- On Wednesday, September 30, from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Cayuga's Auburn campus will host approximately 150 educational professionals for SUNY OpInform.
- Representatives of more than 30 SUNY campuses will be on hand to talk with upstate New York high school counselors about degree programs, financial aid, the admission process, transfer opportunities and other topics.
- The event will feature question-and-answer sessions, information displays and presentations on programs, services, and new developments across the SUNY system.
- OpInform, which stands for Operation Inform, is held at seven SUNY campuses across New York State during the school year, each serving as a regional host.
- The 2009 OpInform at Cayuga is co-sponsored by the SUNY College Admissions Professionals (SUNYCAP) organization, Cayuga Community College and the Office of Enrollment Management at SUNY System Administration in Albany.
- "Hosting OpInform at Cayuga Community College gives us the chance to show off the hallmarks of the Cayuga experience," said Bruce Blodgett, Cayuga's director of admissions. "School counselors and our SUNY peers can see first-hand what we offer — two campuses, distinctive programs, flexible scheduling and small classes, all in a first-name atmosphere."
This event is not open to the public; however, the press is welcome throughout the day.
Director of Publications and Communications
315-255-1743 x 2210