The Theater Association of New York State (TANYS) recognized Cayuga Community College Harlequin Production’s Fall 2011 “Serving Up a Stack of One Acts” with several awards for individual and ensemble acting.
Based on October 29 performances at the College’s Bisgrove Community Theatre, a TANYS adjudicator from Rochester reviewed the one-act plays based a list of 10 criteria, including believability of acting and effective timing, character interpretation, and overall impact. The adjudicator awarded the following recognitions:
- Meritorious Achievement in Ensemble Acting to the Cast of Mom's Funeral
- Meritorious Achievement in Ensemble Acting to the Cast of Therapy
- Excellence in Acting to Savonne Crews for her portrayal of multiple roles in Jump and Love in the Fast Lane
- Excellence in Acting to Alicia Frame for her portrayal of multiple roles in Spinsters, Therapy, and Going Up
- Excellence in Acting to Ciara Hirsh for her portrayal of multiple roles in Spinsters and Cupid's Beau
The association also invited the cast of Therapy to present its production at the 2011 TANYS Festival showcase later in November. The show is only one of eight invited to present at the festival, held this year in Batavia, N.Y.
“I am so proud of the work the students are doing,” said Harlequin Productions Director Bob Frame. “Being singled out for awards is an honor unto itself but to be invited to perform from more than 60 entrants at this prestigious festival is truly a thrill!”
The 10, one-acts will continue this week at 8 p.m. November 3 through 5 in the Irene A. Bisgrove Community Theatre, 197 Franklin St., Auburn. Tickets are available at the door for $5 general admission and $1 for students.
The “Stack of One Acts” includes the following productions:
- An Actual Baby Person by Barbara Lindsay, starring Kat Jordan of Auburn and McCrady Magwood III of Lyons
- Santa Watch by Michael Phelan, starring Rachel Bodner and Katy Lubaszewski, both Auburn High School graduates
- Mom's Funeral by Michael Phelan, starring Joshua Stedge of Auburn, Colin Wentworth of Skaneateles, and Caryl Frame of Skaneateles
- Spinsters by Barbara Lindsay, starring Alicia Frame of Skaneateles and Ciara Hirsch of Auburn
- Jump by George J. Bryjak, starring Dylan Thompson of Romulus, Maria Coleman of Port Byron, and Savonne Crews of Rochester
- Therapy by Bryjak, starring Joshua Stedge, Alicia Frame, and Rachel Bodner
- Squashed by Chris Mackowski, starring LaRae Brooks of Syracuse, Colin Wentworth, and Thomas Constantino of Romulus
- Cupid's Beau by Lindsay, starring Stephen Hodge of Auburn and Ciara Hirsch
- Love in the Fast Lane by Bryjak, starring Michael Crowe of Romulus, Savonne Crews, and LaRae Brooks
- Bryjak's Going Up?, starring Jon Norton of Union Springs, Maria Coleman, Alicia Frame
Production staff includes Virginia Fennessy, set designer; Robin Fragoman, lighting designer; Allison Fennessy, costume designer; Caryl Frame, stage manager; and David Thieringer, assistant stage manager.
For more information, contact Bob Frame at firstname.lastname@example.org or 315-294-8640.