Minutes of the special meeting of the Board of Trustees held Monday, November 25, 2013, in the in Business Industry Center, James T. Walsh Regional Economic Center on the Auburn Campus
Mr. Edwards called the meeting to order at 4:30 p.m.
Dr. DeCinque thanked the board for the opportunity to meet with them. He went on to discuss what he will do as the Interim President.
- Develop a relationship with the Board.
- Strong management team (VPs)
- Communicate effectively
- All constituencies will be involved in what we do
- Transparent as much as possible
- The cardinal rule with the Board is that there will be no surprises
- Will ask help from the Board and from the College community
- First priority is the Middle States self-study. We will work very hard to do a self-study this year that will lead to a good visit the following year.
- What do we do with the declaration of financial exigency. We need a formal declaration to come out of financial exigency. Until then, we will have a cloud over the college and SUNY is very sensitive to that.
- Resolve outstanding contracts.
- Student housing – Dr. DeCinque stated that his personal opinion is that student housing is something that needs to be done. It will help with recruiting and enrollment.
- The Fulton campus/Foundation. There is a lot of opportunity there. You have a county with a substantial population base.
- Further our relationship with Oswego County.
- Enrollment has got to increase; maybe not this year, but next.
- What realistically can be done in a year?
- We need to get the College and the community involved with the search for the next president of the College.
- Looking for some early successes. Dr. DeCinque asked every member of the College community to do something for him; it is voluntary, but asked if they do not need to spend this year, not to.
Dr. DeCinque thanked the Board for listening and stated that he has been thrilled with the welcome he has received and looks forward to working with the Board and the College community.
Motion to adjourn made by Dr. Van Buskirk seconded by Mr. Fearon and carried following unanimous voice vote.
The meeting adjourned at 5:15 p.m.
Recorded and transcribed by:
Carolyn L. Guariglia,
Secretary to the Board
John J. Klink,
Secretary, Board of Trustees