Step 1. Logging in to myCayuga
- Go to www.cayuga-cc.edu and click on the myCayuga link. Enter the C-Number and Password that were provided to you. Please use the Forgot Password feature if you cannot recall your password. If you have not received this information, please contact the Help Desk at 315-294-8568 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like to meet with your advisor prior to self-registration and you don't know who your advisor is, click on the Student tab at the top of the page. Click on View Student Information, choose your desired term (semester) and click on Submit. Your advisor and current program of study will be listed on this page. If your current program of study is incorrect and you need to change your program, please contact the Centers for Student Engagement and Academic Advisement.
- If you are a new student you must have your login and password (pin) to access the self registration process. If you need assistance, please contact the Admissions Office.
Your advisor and current program of study will be listed on this page. Click here to view a complete list of advisors and their office numbers. If your current program of study is incorrect and you need to change your program, please contact the Centers for Student Engagement and Academic Advisement.
Step 2. Degree Evaluation (Program Requirements)
- Click on the Student tab and then click on Student Records. Click on Degree Evaluation.
- If the Curriculum Information is incorrect, please contact the Centers for Student Engagement and Academic Advisement to request a change of major. If the Curriculum Information is correct, click on Generate New Evaluation at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the circle to the left of the Program and then click on Generate Request. By leaving the "Use In-Progress Courses" box checked, your evaluation will include any currently registered courses as meeting degree requirements therefore assuming successful completion.
- Click on Detail Requirements and then Submit.
- You are now viewing the degree requirements for your current program of study.
- The first section of the evaluation lists the Required Credits, Required Institutional Credits, Maximum Transfer Credits allowed and Overall GPA requirement. This gives you a general overview of your progression towards your degree.
- The next section outlines the specific courses that you need to complete for your degree. A YES in the left-hand column indicates that you have successfully completed the course,are currently registered for the course or have received a grade of "I" (shows up in red lettering in the right-hand column). If you have an "I" grade, you must complete the course requirements by the end of the current semester. Failure to do so will result in the "I" converting to an "F
- A NO in the left-hand column indicates that you are lacking this course or requirement. Please refer to the college catalog for course descriptions (page 79) and identification of elective categories (page 37).
- If you are in an AA or AS program, you will also see another section labeled AA/AS Gen Ed Requirements. You need to complete these Gen Ed Requirements in order to receive an AA or AS degree. Please refer to the college catalog for a list of approved Gen Ed courses (page 35).
- If you are matriculated in a program with a concentration, you will see another section for your concentration requirements.>
Step 3. Registering for Courses
- Click on the Student tab at the top of the page.
- Click on Registration.
- Click on Add or Drop Classes.
- Select a Term (you're desired semester) and click on Submit.
- You will now see a row of boxes. If you know the CRN (Course Number-begins with 30) of the course you want to register for, enter it here. You can then tab to the next box and enter the CRN of your next course. When you have entered all of the CRNs, click on Submit Changes. You will now see the courses that you are registered for.
- You will notice a Class Search link at the bottom of the Add/Drop Classes page. By clicking on this link, you can search for courses by subject, location, instructor, day,time, etc. Once you have the list of courses that meet your Class Search criteria, you can register for the course by clicking on the box to the left of the course and then clicking on Register at the bottom of the page.
- You may find that you were not able to register for some classes due to the following reasons:
- Pre-req/Test Score - you do not have the required pre-requisite or test score to enroll in this course.
- Repeat - you have already taken this course and received a passing grade (or you have an "I" - Incomplete - from the previous semester).
- Duplicate - you have already registered for this course for the upcoming semester.
- Time Conflict - you have another class at the same time.
- Closed Course - the course is full. You may choose to be waitlisted for the course.
- Maximium hours - you are attempting to enroll in more courses than you are allowed.
- You may also notice that, although you were allowed to register for the courses, you have a warning message at the top of the page that one or more of your courses does not count in your degree program. This means that you have registered for a course that is not required for your program and, therefore, this course is not eligible for financial aid. Click on the Registration Compliance Results link at the bottom of the page to see what course or courses are not required for your program and are not eligible for aid. You must have at least 12 credits of Financial Aid Eligible Hours in order to receive full-time financial aid.
- Once you have registered for all of your classes, click on the Student tab at the top of the page. Click on Student Records and then Student Detail Schedule. Click on Submit for a printer-friendly version of your schedule. You can now print out your schedule (Click on File and then Print).