Black Box Tech Specs
NSI 24 channel MC 7024- 2 Scene Preset
(12) EDI 1KW dimmers
(3) NSI 4 pack portable 600W dimmers
(12) 6" 500W Altman ERS (360/360Q) with barrel choices of 4.5X 7.5 and 6x9
(12) 6" 500W Fresnels (old style)
StudioMaster Diamond Pro Series, 12 channel in, 4 aux outs, L/R and Mono Main outs
Crown DC 300, BI-Amp AX 600, ART 1/3 octave dual EQ, Juice Goose power conditioner
(4) Altec-Lansing Voice of the Theatre Cabinets (2- 15" base bin, 2-15" speaker with 1" horn)
(2) Altec-Lansing 2" horn cabinet
(2) generic 12" plus horn, (can be floor monitors or on poles)
(1) Alesis MicroVerb effects unit
(1) Teac CD Player CD-P1100
- Plugs are 2prong. Have adapters to most other standard styles.
- Portions of the full Theatre inventory may be available, see the Inventory for specifications.
- Lights are hung from a grid and pipes,
dead hung at 17'
The Black Box Theatre was built in 1982. It is a 21' by 50' space which is designed to be flexible in its use. Much of the time the Black Box serves as a cross over and green room for the main stage but many productions in various formats have been produced in this space over the years.
End stage, 3/4 thrust, alley and in-the round are example of how the space has been used for live theatre and acoustic performances.
A Harlequin Production performance is staged here at least every other year to give the students a taste of performing in an intimate environment. Depending upon the staging, seating can be built to hold 40–75 people.