Advanced Manufacturing Initiatives Coordinator (Part-Time, 10 hours/week)
DEPARTMENT: Electrical Technology, Mechanical Technology, Engineering Science
REPORTS TO: Division Chair, Natural and Health Sciences, Mathematics and Technology
- Assists with identifying and addressing emerging educational needs in the advanced manufacturing community in collaboration with faculty and local employers.
- Participates in college retention and recruitment activities, as it pertains to advanced manufacturing, paying particular attention to recruitment, retention and program completion of nontraditional and special populations.
- Works collaboratively with Division Chair and/or Assistant Director of Community Education and Workforce Development to bring forward curricular recommendations that reflect emerging educational needs in Engineering Science, Electrical and Mechanical Technology.
- Facilitates opportunities to promote program offerings to the community, with an emphasis on traditionally underrepresented populations.
- Instructs students and staff on the care and maintenance of lab tools and equipment.
Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree or above in technical field related to advanced manufacturing
- Three to five years of relevant experience in advanced manufacturing
- Strong communication, networking skills and knowledge of local and regional manufacturing community
- Ability to create positive, collaborative relationships with faculty, staff and industry partners
- NYS driver’s license
- Strong organizational and computer skills
DATE TO BE FILLED:
Applicant materials will be reviewed immediately
- Part Time- up to 10 hours per week.
- Position is eligible for tuition credits based on hours worked.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be submitted electronically. Submit your letter of application and resume, together with the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references using our online form.
Cayuga is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and strives to provide an environment that embodies these principles. We encourage talented applicants from diverse backgrounds and traditions, particularly of race and ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, culture, religion, worldview and physical and mental abilities.
Cayuga Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified job seekers are encouraged to apply including women, minorities, and persons with disabilities; protected veterans and others who would enrich a diverse and inclusive work environment.