Account Clerk Typist (Provisional Vacancy)
DEPARTMENT: Student Financial Services (Financial Aid)- Provisional Vacancy.
REPORTS TO: Director of Student Financial Services
This will be a full-time PROVISIONAL civil service appointment. Candidate will be required to take the civil service exam when it is scheduled in the future. Permanent appointment will be dependent upon candidate's exam score.
- Processes financial aid applications.
- Accumulates and verifies necessary forms, such as financial need analysis forms, financial aid transcripts, 1040’s, and public assistance budget worksheets.
- Calculates student budgets by determining cost of attendance, family financial contributions and financial aid for the student.
- Posts awards on the computer.
- Conducts entrance interviews with the student when administrator is not available.
- Maintains student files and accounts.
- Assists students and parents with financial aid questions and information by person to person contact in the office, telephone communication and written communication.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director.
- High school diploma required; Associate’s degree preferred.
- Good clerical skills required.
- Ability to get along well with others and interact with students and parents in a mature, tactful, and courteous manner.
$42,707 ($44,007 subject to Board approval, beginning 9/1/22).
Cayuga offers a generous and competitive benefits package.
Review of applications will begin the week of August 8.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be submitted electronically to Cayuga County Civil Service at the link below. Applicants will be qualified by the Cayuga County Civil Service office.
To view the job posting and application instructions, please visit: https://mycivilservice.cayugacounty.us/jobopps
Cayuga Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified job seekers are encouraged to apply including women, minorities, and persons with disabilities; protected veterans and others who would enrich a diverse and inclusive work environment.