Instructional Assistant- Science (Part-Time, Fulton Campus)
DEPARTMENT: Science Department
APPOINTMENT: 10 Months (Administrative/Professional)
REPORTS TO: Division Chair of Science/Mathematics/Engineering Science
Location: Fulton Campus
- Prepares laboratory materials for biology, chemistry, and geology course (reagents, solutions, live specimens).
- Maintains laboratory equipment, including monthly inspections of laboratory safety equipment and spill kits.
- Collects and preserves biological specimens for future use.
- Grows plant specimens for Botany class.
- Changes laboratory setups and cleans up after lab exercises.
- Maintains inventory of laboratory materials and supplies, including safety data sheets, making purchases as necessary.
- Coordinates with public safety to oversee proper chemical waste disposal in accordance with safety regulations
- Coordinates and oversees student and part-time lab assistants.
- Maintains up-to-date records of lab schedules and lab exercise handouts.
- Serves on Cayuga Community College’s Environmental Health and Safety Committee.
- Other duties as assigned by the Division Chair.
- Bachelor’s degree in science preferred. Cayuga Community College accepts only degree credentials from accredited institutions recognized by the United States Secretary of Education and the New York State Department of Education.
- Strong familiarity with laboratory experiments, equipment, and setups.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
DATE TO BE FILLED:
Review of applications will begin immediately with an anticipated start date for Spring 2023. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Part-Time up to 29 hours per week.
$18.05-22.13 / hr
Position is not benefits eligible.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be submitted electronically. Submit your letter of application and resume, together with the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references using our online form.
Cayuga is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and strives to provide an environment that embodies these principles. We encourage talented applicants from diverse backgrounds and traditions, particularly of race and ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, culture, religion, worldview and physical and mental abilities.
Cayuga Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified job seekers are encouraged to apply including women, minorities, and persons with disabilities; protected veterans and others who would enrich a diverse and inclusive work environment.