ASAP Coach (Accelerated Study of Associate Programs)
DEPARTMENT: ASAP (Accelerated Study of Associate Programs)
APPOINTMENT: 12 month, temporary 3-year grant funded, position contingent on annual grant renewal
REPORTS TO: Director of ASAP
LOCATION: Auburn and Fulton
Accelerated Study in Associate Programs (ASAP) is a completion program designed to increase timely graduation rates by removing the financial, academic, and personal obstacles that many students confront. The ASAP Coach is a member of an integrated college team providing individual academic and personal support to an assigned group of community college students as they progress through the program. Occasional work evenings and weekends may be required.
- Delivers comprehensive advisement support services to an assigned group of students through degree completion;
- Reviews student progress and tracks student use of academic support services;
- Conducts regular outreach to faculty and other college staff as needed to support student success;
- Maintains accurate tracking data and notes for each assigned student, recommending appropriate referrals and opportunity programs;
- Supports annual recruitment of new students into the program;
- Organizes periodic special events and programs for students, faculty and staff;
- May conduct or support delivery of student seminars on issues of importance to students;
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s required; Master’s preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in student services/development, academic advising, counseling or human services.
- Strong understanding of the diverse needs of community college students
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to work well with faculty and administrators
- Strong organization, project management and facilitation skills;
- Ability to enter, monitor and interpret student data accurately; Excellent written and oral communication skills; Strong computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office (Access); and aptitude to learn new systems as needed.
Benefit eligible position
Deadline for internal and external applications is October 6, 2023.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be submitted electronically. Submit your letter of application and resume, together with the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references using our online form.
Cayuga is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and strives to provide an environment that embodies these principles. We encourage talented applicants from diverse backgrounds and traditions, particularly of race and ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, culture, religion, worldview and physical and mental abilities.
Cayuga Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified job seekers are encouraged to apply including women, minorities, and persons with disabilities; protected veterans and others who would enrich a diverse and inclusive work environment.