Jump start your college career by taking Cayuga Community College courses while still enrolled in high school. It’s a great way to save time, money and build a successful college application portfolio.
This Student Guide is designed to answer many of your questions about the Cayuga Advantage Program. We want to briefly highlight a few key points:
- We would be thrilled to consider you a member of the Cayuga Community College family. Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have about opportunities at Cayuga or the Cayuga Advantage Program. Visit our Auburn or Fulton campus any time to see our facilities and explore educational options.
- As a Cayuga Community College student, you are entitled to all rights and privileges associated with being a Cayuga Community College student.
- You are held to the same expectations and academic standards as any other Cayuga student. This includes attendance requirements and academic progress standards. If you fail to meet minimum grade point averages for the number of credits attempted, you will be academically dismissed. Appeal procedures are outlined in the College's Student Handbook.
- You must meet all prerequisites and be recommended by a high school teacher or guidance counselor to enroll in a Cayuga Advantage course. You must reach your 16th birthday by December 1 in the academic year in which you wish to enroll in a Cayuga Advantage course.
- Students who do not reside in Cayuga County for the required length of time MUST complete a Certificate of Residency Application. Use the Certificate of Residency Application in this Guide or obtain one from your County’s Treasurer’s Office.
- Cayuga Advantage courses are transferrable to a SUNY institution with a final grade of “C" or better. Private institutions accept Cayuga Advantage courses on a case-by-case basis.
- Official transcripts of your Cayuga Community College work can be sent to any higher education institution of your choice free of charge. Use the Transcript Request Form on our website.
NOTE: Students who enrolled in a Spring, 2014 Cayuga Advantage course have already received their C-Number and Password to view final grades. For all other students, C-Number and Password will be mailed home following course registration. Retain this information for your records!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Please be sure to review our Frequently Asked Questions area of our website.
Cayuga Advantage Forms and Guides
- Please be sure to review our Forms and Guides available on our website.