Cayuga Community College offers appropriate and reasonable academic accommodations to students with documented disabilities. In order to ensure that disability-related accommodations are arranged in a timely manner, new students are encouraged to follow the process below.

To view the following PDF files, you will need to Adobe Reader, a free download.


  1. When completing the college application, applicants can check the appropriate box requesting information on disability services. The Office of Accessibility Resources will respond to this request upon acceptance.


The Office of Accessibility Resources can be contacted directly for information on disability services at 315-294-8422 (Auburn) or 315-593-9327 (Fulton).

Students seeking to receive accommodations should complete the following Confidential Self-Disclosure Form. NOTE: This form is for initial notification purposes only. Students must provide documentation in order to receive disability-related accommodations and services.

Download Confidential Self-Disclosure Form

  1. Review the Documentation Guidelines for information about what documentation will be required in order to receive academic accommodations.
  2. Request documentation from the appropriate medical provider or school personnel using the Documentation Guidelines and using the documentation release form:

Documentation Release Form

NOTE: Documentation should be submitted to the Office of Accessibility Resources on the campus you will be attending. If you are an online student, documentation can be sent to either campus.

  1. Prior to the first day of classes, if possible, schedule an appointment to meet with the Cayuga Accessibility Specialist to discuss accommodations for the semester.
  2. If you are an online student requesting accommodations, submit your disability documentation to the Office of Accessibility Resources on either campus as soon as possible. Following receipt of documentation, the student will be contacted to schedule a phone meeting with the Accessibility Specialist to discuss accommodations for online courses.

Students with sponsoring agencies, such as Adult Career and Continuing Education Services-Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR), AURORA of Central New York, Inc., or the New York State Commission for the Blind (NYSCB), should contact the agency several weeks before the start of the semester to make sure that all necessary paperwork is completed.



See this informative publication written by the U.S. Department of Education:

Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education: Know Your Rights and Responsibilities


The Why, When, What, and How of Disclosure in an Academic Setting, After High School