AWARDS AND GRANTS DETAILS
FRED L. EMERSON FOUNDATION ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIPS
Cayuga Community College and the Cayuga County Community College Foundation are pleased to announce a new scholarship program for high-performing high school seniors in Cayuga County (including Jordan-Elbridge, Skaneateles and Tyburn Academy). This new academic opportunity is being made possible by a generous donation from The Fred L. Emerson Foundation.
Candidates for this new scholarship must be enrolled as a first-time, full-time student at Cayuga Community College and have a 75% average (2.5 GPA) or above. The equivalent of nine scholarships will be awarded to the most deserving students from the component high schools in Cayuga County.
Students selected will become Emerson Scholars and have access to college planning support and ongoing advising, as well as to what will amount to a debt-free two-year college education. The Emerson Scholarship will cover both tuition and fees after federal and state aid and other scholarships have been applied to the student's account.
PLEASE COMPLETE AND OR SUBMIT ALL BY MARCH 15:
- Admissions Application Must be accepted by March 15 for consideration
- High School Transcript
- Emerson Application/Personal Essay
- Letter of Recommendation (from teacher, counselor or employer)
- Current resume that details outstanding community involvement, leadership, service or commitment to employment
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) - selection for verification by the Federal Government may delay final completion of your FAFSA
- TAP Application (Tuition Assistance Program)
Cayuga's FAFSA school code is 002861. Cayuga's TAP school code is 2005.
See our Fred L. Emerson Foundation Academic Scholarships page for more information.
FAFSA and TAP Required.
RECIPIENT SELECTED BY:
- For Incoming Students
- Selection Based on Academic Excellence
- Cayuga County Residents Only
- Organization/Corporation Sponsored