AUDIO PRODUCTION A.A.S.
MUSIC PRODUCTION OPTION
The Music Production Option is designed for recording students who have an interest or skills in music and wish to apply audio production techniques specific to that field.
Students who choose this option may wish to pursue a career in music recording or transfer to a four-year program in music production. Students who want to transfer should consult with four-year schools for planning and preparation.
See also: Audio Production A.A.S.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
Audio Production A.A.S. (Music Production Option) students will:
- Apply concepts of mixing, recording, splicing, dubbing and over-dubbing when producing audio programming
- Operate audio equipment found in the recording, radio, and television industries
- Record and edit audio material for the recording, radio, and television industries
- Produce audio programs for the recording, radio, and television industries
- Utilize audio equipment for sound reinforcement
- Utilize audio equipment on location
- Continue your education at a 4-year institution
Graduates may work in the music recording industry, for radio stations, and in television, motion picture, and video production as recording engineers, audio engineers, audio operators, board operators, sound technicians, or mixers.
Cayuga has articulation agreements for related programs offered by Roy H. Park School of Communications at Ithaca College and by SUNY College at Fredonia. For these and other transfer institutions, students should contact their advisor and/or the Coordinator for Transfer and Articulation in the Centers for Student Engagement and Academic Advisement for more information. Early consultation to plan the most appropriate course sequence will optimize transferability.
Students who receive a degree in Audio Production/Music Production Option may wish to pursue a career in music recording or transfer to a four-year program in music production. Students who wish to transfer should consult with the four-year school for planning and preparation.
For more information about Cayuga’s Telecommunications programs, visit the Telcom website at https://www.telcomcayuga.com.
|ENGL 101||Freshman English I||3|
|COMM 101||Introduction to Mass Media||3|
|TELC 104||Audio Video Production Techniques I||3|
|MUSI 101||Music Appreciation||3|
|ENGL 102||Freshman English II||3|
|COMM 201||Media and Society||3|
|MUSI 170||Music Preparation for Audio Professionals||3|
|COMM 207||Video Production I||4|
|TELC 230||Music/Multi-Track Recording||4|
|TELC 220||Advanced Audio Production||3|
|TELC 231||Advanced Recording Techniques||4|
|COMM 208||Video Production II||4|
|TELC 275||Internship in Radio and TV||3|
|General Education American History, General Education
Western Civilization or General Education Social Science
|MUSI 154||Piano *|
|MUSI 158||Guitar *|
|Telecommunications, Communications, Music Elective||3|
|TOTAL CREDIT HOURS||64|
* MUSI 154 or MUSI 158 is required unless students pass a proficiency test. Students passing the proficiency test will enroll in a TELC, MUSI or COMM elective.