Nursing Clinical Instructor (Adjunct Faculty)
A part-time clinical instructor teaches the clinical component of a nursing course. A 10-hour position requires 150 contact hours each semester.
- Teaching Responsibilities
- Facilitate student learning within the nursing department’s mission, philosophy and conceptual framework
- Implement student-centered learning activities to achieve learning outcomes
- Evaluate student learning as evidenced by:
- Nursing care plans
- Clinical paperwork
- Clinical summative rotation evaluation conferences
- Select patient assignments for clinical experiences
- Facilitate pre and post conferences
- Communicate student progress to Course Coordinator
- Use Blackboard web-enhanced learning management system
- Maintain three office hours weekly for 10 hour position; three office hours weekly for 12 hour position
- Departmental Responsibilities
- Attend appropriate level meetings
- Attend nursing departmental meetings (1-2 each semester)
- Serve on nursing ad hoc meetings as desired
- Attend annual Professional Advancement Pinning Ceremony
- Professional Responsibilities
- Maintain current clinical competency at clinical agency
- Maintain current CPR and health requirements
- Pursue continuing education in area of expertise
- Use evidence-based teaching practices
- Facilitate learning within the framework of the National League for Nursing Core Competencies of Nurse Educators
- Submit Nursing Adjunct Performance Appraisal May 15 one year after hired and bi-annually thereafter
- Current New York State RN license
- BSN required, MSN or active progress in a MSN program required
- Current related clinical experience
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be submitted electronically. Submit your letter of application and resume, together with the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references using our online form.
Note: Cayuga Community College accepts only degree credentials from accredited institutions recognized by the United States Secretary of Education and the New York State Department of Education.
Cayuga is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and strives to provide an environment that embodies these principles. We encourage talented applicants from diverse backgrounds and traditions, particularly of race and ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, culture, religion, worldview and physical and mental abilities.
Cayuga Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified job seekers are encouraged to apply including women, minorities, and persons with disabilities; protected veterans and others who would enrich a diverse and inclusive work environment.