STRATEGIC PLAN: OUR GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
1. PROVIDE ROBUST EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS
Cayuga will align College programs and services with students’ academic needs, diverse interests and passions while satisfying the needs of employers.
- Offer credit and non-credit programs that align with the needs of the communities we serve.
- Provide accessible pathways for students to transfer or secure desired credentials and training.
- Ensure the alignment of learning objectives with outcomes.
- Achieve desired outcomes by assessing programs and services and allocating sufficient resources.
2. DEVELOP ENGAGED CITIZENS
Cayuga will develop engaged citizens by valuing a shared responsibility for learning in a supportive, accessible environment.
- Employ active, collaborative learning strategies such that students are partners in the learning experience.
- Provide opportunities for students to experience meaningful connections between theory and practice.
- Offer a variety of activities and services in support of students’ interests and aspirations.
3. ENSURE EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP
Cayuga will ensure institutional vibrancy by recruiting, developing and retaining effective, committed leaders.
- Seek and support those who best represent the College’s core values and commit to Cayuga’s viability, financial health, and long-term success.
- Capitalize on opportunities for members of the College community to develop leadership skills.
- Recognize those who advance the College’s mission and vision.
4. DEEPEN COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS
Recognized as an essential resource, Cayuga will respond to community needs and promote mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Identify community needs.
- Explore mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Engage in and strengthen relationships with community partners.
- Promote the benefits of the partnership.
5. STRIVE FOR STATE-OF-THE-ART FACILITIES
Cayuga will provide facilities that meet institutional and programmatic goals.
- Assess College facilities and determine the extent to which they meet institutional needs.
- Research current trends and innovations in facilities, equipment, and technology.
- Align facilities with institutional and programmatic goals.
6. PROVIDE RESPONSIBLE MANAGEMENT AND STEWARDSHIP OF THE COLLEGE’S FINANCES
Cayuga will serve as prudent stewards of the College’s financial resources.
- Utilize collaborative budget-development processes.
- Align budgets with strategic planning and assessment.
- Capitalize on opportunities to secure stable, sustainable sources of revenue.
- Involve all members of the College community in ongoing cost management.